Yahoo email service has been on top since last one decade or so. As amazing features getting added with the launch of classic and Pro versions, its popularity has touched the new heights.
As email users are getting more cautious about Yahoo security after the data breach that happen a couple of years back, they keep changing the account password. In doing so, they sometimes tend to forget yahoo password.
With no official Yahoo support phone number available on the web, users sometimes get disappointed due to no source of immediate assistance made available to them when it matters the most.
For the convenience of users, the strategies of Yahoo password recovery are mentioned below:
- Yahoo email password reset with recovery phone number
- Yahoo mail password reset using registered email address
- Reset Yahoo account password, answering security question
One of the strategies to reset yahoo password, answering security questions is no more available as an option to recover Y! email password as per the press release made by Yahoo. It is done for the convenience of users, who have no idea of the answer provided to the security question when they sign- up with Yahoo mail.
It’s actually not easy for anyone to recall the answer to the security question, which was set during Yahoo mail sign-up.
Let’s move ahead from this tussle and think of one other scenario. Suppose you forgot Yahoo password all of the sudden and have no idea what to do, it’s quite sure you will opt for password recovery option. What happens if you do not have access to the registered email address. It can be because of the following reasons:
- The recovery email address is no more suspended or disabled
- You might have forgotten the login credentials of alternate email address
- The email account has been deactivated or deleted
The only option left with you is to recover Yahoo account password with the phone number provided during account registration. Here are the steps to recover the forgotten or hacked password
- Click on the link “I forgot my password” when yahoo asks to enter legitimate password
- Upon clicking the same, a new slide is displayed In which you are asked to press the button
“Yes, text me an account key”.
- Just look on the screen and check the recovery phone number being displayed there.
- If the number correct, press the button and wait for the text message sent to
- Once the text message is received, just type the account in the box and click verify button.
- As the code gets validated successfully, a new page is displayed, in which you are asked to enter the new password.
- Click on the ‘Save’ button to make changes effective.
In case, you find any trouble during Yahoo password reset, then it is advised to contact email customer support rather than making invalid attempts to login into the email account as this can lead to getting the Yahoo account blocked.