Facebook, the largest social media platform advises its users to keep strong passwords for their accounts. But sometimes the users tend to forget Facebook passwords and they no longer can remember them by any method. In such cases they think: How do I reset my Facebook password? Facebook password recovery process is quite an easy task but you need to have a little bit knowledge about the working of Facebook, and Email. You can recover your Facebook password by following the steps mentioned below. In case you are not able to reset Facebook account using the specified methods you can choose the option to call Facebook Tech Support phone number to get help to recover your FB account. Facebook Tech Support provides you step by step guides on how to reset Facebook password.
Why do you need to reset Facebook password?
One major question that might be arising in the mind is: Why do I need to reset my Facebook password? In case you are able to access your FB account and know its password then there is no need to reset your Facebook account. But in case you are not able to login to your account you need to reset Facebook password in order to use Facebook. The need of Facebook password reset may be encountered due to these two major problems:
- Forgot Facebook password, and not able to access your FB account.
- Hacked Facebook account, and password changed by the hacker.
There are some other reasons as well but these reasons turn out to be the major factors for resetting Facebook password. In case you are in the similar situation you can follow the steps below to know how to recover Facebook account. Sometimes there might arise some situations when you are not able to reset your Facebook password. In such cases, you need to get help from Facebook Customer Service by dialing phone number.
Facebook Password Recovery Methods:
There are three methods of Facebook password recovery. These three methods of Facebook password reset can be used in different scenarios as per your requirement. The major Facebook password recovery methods are:
Reset Facebook password using Recovery Email Address:
This method of resetting Facebook password can be used in case you have access to your Facebook recovery Email address. It can also be used in case you don’t have access to your Facebook recovery phone number and don’t know the answers to your Facebook security questions.
Reset Facebook password using Recovery Phone Number:
This method can be used to reset Facebook password in case you have access to your Facebook recovery phone number. It can be used in case you have no access to your Facebook recovery Email address, or don’t know the answer to your Facebook security questions.
Recover Facebook Password by Answering Facebook Security Questions:
Sometimes you may encounter some problems when you neither have access to your Facebook recovery Email address or Facebook recovery phone number. In such a case you can perform Facebook password reset by answering Facebook security questions.
Sometimes you don’t have access to any of the three elements to recover Facebook password. In such cases, you can contact Facebook customer support by dialing FB phone number.
How to perform Facebook Password Recovery using Recovery Email Address:
The process to reset Facebook account using recovery Email is quite simple. Just browse through the steps in order to recover your Facebook password.
- Browse to Facebook.com on your web browser.
- Click “Forgotten Account” button.
- Enter your account information which may be either: username, full name, FB password recovery email, or phone number.
- Click on the link to reset FB password by Recovery Email.
- Click on the radio button “Email me a link to reset my password”, and then click on continue button.
- Open your FB recovery Email.
- A mail might have been received from Facebook.com.
- In the mail that has arrived click the link “Reset password Link”.
- Then set the password by typing the new password twice.
- Click change button.
- Then your FB password is reset.
How to Recover Facebook password In Case you do not know the Password of your Recovery Email Address:
In case you do not know the password of recovery Email address Facebook provides you quick access link to reset your Gmail, Windows Live Hotmail, and Yahoo! Mail password. After recovering the recovery Email password you can quite easily recover your Facebook password as well. In this case you have to again follow the steps above after you have successfully recovered the password of your Facebook recovery Email by performing the steps provided below:
- Open Facebook.com.
- Then click on the button “Forgotten Account”.
- Enter the information of your account; username, full name, recovery email, and phone number.
- Click on search button.
- Select your account that you think is yours.
- Then click on the link “No longer have access to these”.
- After that, you are redirected to a new page. This page has quick links to reset your Gmail, Windows Live Hotmail, and Yahoo! Mail password.
In case you no longer have access to your Facebook recovery Email you can use the Facebook password recovery by phone and Facebook recovery by answering Facebook security questions. In case you are not able to still reset your Facebook password, just give a call to Facebook Helpline phone number to seek the help of experts.
How to Reset Facebook password using Recovery Phone Number?
Facebook password can also be reset using recovery phone number. Just follow the steps below to successfully recover your FB account.
- Visit Facebook.com using your web browser.
- Click the button “Forgotten Account”.
- Enter any information of your account: username, full name, recovery phone number, or recovery email.
- Choose to recover Facebook password by Facebook recovery phone number.
- Click the button “Text me a code to reset my password”.
- A text containing reset code is sent to the recovery phone number.
- Input received six digit code in the space provided.
- Enter password twice in the new window that appears.
- Then click on “Change” button.
- This successfully changes your Facebook password.
The process to recover password by phone can be used in case you no longer have access to the Facebook recovery Email address and don’t know the answers to your FB security questions. In case you are not able to access Facebook recovery address even then, you can give a call on Facebook helpline phone number to reset the FB password.
How to perform Facebook password recovery by answering Security Questions?
Facebook passwords can be recovered in certain cases when you no longer have access to your Facebook recovery Email address or FB recovery phone number. In order to reset your Facebook password by answering security questions you have to just perform the following steps:
- Visit facebook.com using any browser.
- Then click on “Forgotten Account” link.
- Enter account information from: username, full name, recovery phone number, or recovery email.
- Click continue button.
- Then a new window appears where user has to confirm his/her identity.
- Confirm your identity by choosing a security check option.
- Then you can choose to verify friend’s photo or answer security questions.
- This is done to authenticate the ownership of your Facebook account.
- Answer the security questions and then your account is authenticated.
- Else identify your friends’ photos.
- Then you are provided with the option to reset your FB password.
In case even this method doesn’t work out for you, you can contact FB helpline phone number to fix your FB account problems.