Have you already made your mind to delete your Gmail Account? Before, proceeding with the steps, you should make sure that you don’t need messages and content saved within Gmail anymore. This is because, once you remove your Gmail address, all the saved data will also get deleted. However, you will still be able to enjoy other services offered by the Google like Google account, Google search history, and Google+.
In case, you need any email or data that is saved within your Gmail Account; it is highly recommended to back up the files that you’d like to save for future use.
But, the question is “why you want to delete your Gmail Account?”
As Gmail is one of the most eminent webmail services with numerous user-friendly features; then what can be the reason behind quitting Gmail. It sounds quite strange!!
I have come across many reported queries, where Gmail users inquire about “How do I delete Gmail account permanently?’’ Moreover, users also post the reason that made them delete their account.
Common Reason behind Removing Gmail Account Permanently
Let’s know about the most probable reasons behind deactivating Gmail Account. Here is the list of issues that compel users to quit Gmail.
- You no longer trust Google with your email data
- You have set up an address and account by mistake
- Someone Else Hacked Your Account
- You’re Getting Too Many Unwanted Messages
- Your Email is Full of Junk
- You’ve Outgrown Your User Name
- You Haven’t Used Your Account in Years
- You are unable to manage multiple Gmail account
No; I am not here to discuss the reason. You don’t have to tell me about that. It is completely your decision and I won’t ask anything.
The Obvious Consequences of Deleting or Deactivating Gmail Account Permanently
Before, acknowledging you about the steps “how to deactivate your Gmail account?”, in this tutorial, we will learn about the consequences of deleting your email account. Here are some of the obvious problems; you should be prepared before proceedings.
You Will No Longer Be Able to Access to Your Messages
Once you delete your Gmail Account, all the saved messages will be lost and will never be able to get it back. So, before deleting; make sure you have saved all the important files and checked all the folders within your Gmail. If skip to back up the files; it will be lost forever.
Your contacts will not Able to Reach You
Deactivating your Gmail account permanently, you might lose all the contacts of your email address. Moreover, customers and colleagues, who use to contact you through the mail, will no longer be able to reach you. So, before quitting, notify everyone about the email address change.
You will not be able to Reset Passwords for Other Accounts associated with your Gmail
In case, all your accounts, from your bank account, your social media accounts to your pizza delivery service account are associated with your Gmail; then it is highly recommended to change the recovery email address immediately. This is because, if you forget a password of any of the above-mentioned accounts; then the reset link will be sent to your account. So, if it is deleted, you will not be able to reset the password.
Easy Steps of Deleting Gmail Address on Different Devices
So, now you know about the instances you have to face if you quit Gmail account forever. Now Let’s begin with the steps. Irrespective of the device, I have come up with whole nine yards of ways that you can use to remove a Gmail account just in few minutes.
How to delete Gmail account on android?
Follow the below-mentioned steps deactivate Gmail account on your Android:
- Double tap on the setting icon on your Android device.
- When the settings menu opens up on your screen.
- Now you can see the numerous option
- Scroll down to select “account”
- Tap on “Google” on the list
- You can see the information of your Gmail account
- Tap on the button on the upper right corner
- Tap on “remove Account”
- Tap on “Remove Account” in the pop-up to confirm.
- Your Gmail Account has been deleted successfully
How to delete Gmail Account on iPhone?
Follow the below-mentioned steps deactivate Gmail account on your iPhone:
- Go to the setting menu on your iPhone device and tap to open.
- Scroll down to select “Mail” icon
- The Account menu will open on your screen
- Tap on Gmail
- Tap on the Delete Account button.
- Tap on Delete from My iPhone.
How to delete Gmail Account on Desktop?
Follow the below-mentioned steps deactivate Gmail account on your Desktop or Laptop:
- First, sign in to your Gmail account.
- Then, go to the Account preferences
- Click Delete products.
- Next, click on Gmail, click on Delete.
- Follow the instructions on the screen, and then choose Remove Gmail.
So, now you have all the steps to remove your Gmail Account from the World Wide Web server, mentioned separately specific to different devices. You can use the above-mentioned steps to remove Gmail account forever. In case, you want to know “how to deactivate a Gmail account temporarily”; then let me tell you, there is no way out to delete the account temporarily.
Hope this tutorial helps you quit your Gmail. In case, you find any hindrances while carrying out the steps to delete your Gmail Account; you can contact Gmail Customer Support for instant help. We will dig out the exact reason behind the problem without charging you a single penny.
Other Popular Resources: