Deleting or deactivating Facebook account is not a challenging task. Some people get confused amid the process of delete or deactivating FB account. In actual, these are the parallel lines and steps to implement delete/deactivate Facebook account are entirely different.
It’s not necessary that you need to be an engineer or qualified techie to change the Facebook password on iPhone device. Likewise, you can also delete or deactivate your social media account by following the essential steps as technical knowledge is not required in this case.
Whenever a user decides to delete a Facebook account, he /she need to take essential backup of all files. He/she should be aware that there is no chance of FB account recovery after a grace period of 90 days from the date, a delete request is processed. The user can, however; cancel his/her FB deletion request by accessing the same before the specified time period. However, this social media account can be restored anytime after deactivating it on a temporary basis. Below listed is the procedure that can give you a clear idea about the difference between deactivation/deletion of the Facebook account.
How to Deactivate and Delete Facebook Account? Procedures Explained
For the convenience of users, the procedure for deactivation and deletion of Facebook account are defined separately so that they can be aware of the fact that deletion and deactivation of Facebook account are the two separate things.
Procedure to Deactivate Facebook Account Temporarily
- Sign-in into Facebook account entering correct login credentials
- Once you access FB wall successfully, navigate your mouse to the down arrow key.
- Click on the same to find settings option.
- Now click on the same and wait for General account settings page to display on the screen.
- Once you are in the settings page, there are certain tabs in the left sidebar of the webpage.
- Click on the security tab and search for deactivate my account option.
- Once you find the same, click on edit option. Doing this, a link will be displayed with the text “Deactivate your account”
- Now provide the reason for Leaving Facebook from the options shown on the new web page as well as edit admin for the business page created by you.
- Lastly, click on the checkbox “Opt out of receiving future emails from Facebook”.
- Press deactivate button and to make the changes effective and deactivate your Facebook account on a temporary basis.
Procedure to Delete Facebook Account Permanently
- Access Facebook account entering the sign-in details.
- Go to down-arrow key as seen in the top-right corner of the screen.
- Click on the same to find settings option.
- Again click on the same to access General account settings web page.
- Click on download a copy of Facebook account.
- Now go to the privacy option by clicking on lock icon where you will find different options.
- Click on see more settings and wait for new page to get displayed.
- Now you can clear your Facebook history on this page.
- Once the history is cleared, open a new tab in the web browser and type https://www.facebook.com/help/delete_account
- Once the dialog box is displayed, click on the button “Delete my account”.
- As you press the same, a new slide is displayed in the same dialogue box asking for the FB password and captcha code.
- Once a user provides the same correctly and press OK button, Facebook account termination process is effective and the account gets deactivated automatically.
Real difference amid FB deactivation and deletion might be clear to you after going through above-mentioned procedure or enumeration, which is quite different from each other. Other difference is that you can re-activate you social networking account anytime when it is required the utmost to recover Yahoo mail account using Facebook. It takes less than a minute to re-activate FB account as the friends can see you again in their contact list and activities can be performed like before.
While in the case of Facebook account deletion, the procedure once implemented successfully cannot be revoked after the completion of the grace period, which is 90 days. A user can, however; change his/her mind before the estimated grace time and access Facebook account.
In case, you are not able to understand and implement these steps, then Facebook technical service team is available to deliver immediate assistance.
I like it when individuals come together and share
views. Great blog, continue the good work!
I don’t even understand how I finished up here, however, I believed this publish was once great. I don’t understand who you might be but definitely, you are going to a famous blogger when you are not already. Cheers!